Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1, 2016

So this week has totally been so eventful! 

So my new companion! She is darling!!! She went to lone peak.. but graduated in 14. She is super cute! She has almost 9 months in the mission.. and is just eager and ready to start working. We are going to baptize the world this transfer!!... but only a few hiccups.. she has gotten really really sick.  It's a sickness called Dengue. and it is caused by mosquitos.. and so yeah. saturday she slept all day.. like literally all day. and that night.. she actually got up.. but then ended up passing out. for liek 15 seconds. I caught her on her way down.. but hit her chin on the corner of a desk. it was pretty scary. I had a member come pick us up and we went to the little hospital in corpus. man..can I just say that I am SO grateful for hospitals in the states? But yeah.. we went there and they were able to get her fever down.. she was at 102! I couldnt believe it!  She slept basically all day sunday as well.. and we couldnt get the fever to stay down.. so this morning some elders from the offices came and picked us up and we went to the hospital this morning. they are doing blood tests to make sure it isnt something else. and yeah. so it has been eventful. we havent had much time to actually work and visit people. I have been keeping myself busy.. drawing. reading. and listening to talks. and cleaning. But.. I am just worried about her. She will be out for atleast another week just resting. Its a bummer.. almost like everyone in the mission has been getting it. Yikes. really hope I dont. I am using so  much repellent. I go through a bottle a month.

But really quick.. one super cool story..

so at the beginning of the week.. we were teaching that girl named Shayel.. i think I had told you all about her. Well we went back.. and she had read all of the introduction the BOM.. and testimonies of the 3 and 8 witnesses and the testimony of Joseph Smith.. and basically taught us that as well. She is so incredible. She is so amazing. I am so happy to see where things go. Then at the end she was like Ï have a question... so I read in the testimony of Joseph Smith that we just need to follow Gods commandments and we will be saved and live with him again.. but what exactly is it that God expects and wants from us?" I almost fell out of my seat. It was so cool. We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ briefly and left her to read in the book of mormon. and invited her to be baptized and she accepted! It was such a spiritual experience. I am praying for the people here like crazy.. and especially during the time we wont be able to work as much because of sickness.

But I know all things are in the Lords hands. I know he has a specific plan for each of us. He loves us. and knows us individually. This is his work. He is in charge. And I am just so grateful that I have the opportunity to be a tool in his hands.

Love you all so much.

The more we serve.. the happier we are. 
Hermana Ehlert


i forgot to send this a while ago.. this was at our branch christmas party! 
the members are so darling.
pretty things in posadas
my area
me and hermana murphy
This is Lorena and her mom and Emanuel her son.. and her nephew! ARENT THEY DARLING?! And her baby too.  
me and a member carolina. she cleans the church every week with her kids. every week. I love her lots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment