Sunday, November 29, 2015

November 23, 2015

ELLO! 
Fastest week ever!!! Time is flying. 

So wednesday was our first day of work.. and we were doing divisions in a city close to posadas called Garupa. We were with two hermanas there all day on wednesday, and then travelled back to our area Wednesday night. Divisions were a blast! It's so fun to work with other hermanas and help them in their area. I always learn different ways to explain and help people. Its awesome. And we also made french toast that morning with my maple syrup that I brought.. and it was just my fave. YUM. 

So thursday we were back in our area. This week was hard because we only had 3 days working in our area.. so that's really hard. But I feel and know that the Lord is watching over and protecting our area. Even though we aren't able to be there a lot, we truly are seeing miracles. This work would be impossible if we were just doing it ourselves.. thank goodness we aren't. I am learning more and more to see and recognize divine help and guidance in my life. It is there.. and it always has been.. I think I've just failed to recognize it. 

So thursday.. or maybe in was Friday.. we had a lesson with a man named Antonio. He was a contact that we had last week.. and we were finally able to go back and have a lesson with him this week. He refers to himself as a christian and his church solely believes and uses the bible. So going back we knew it would be hard to teach him the restoration and the book of mormon.. but we went in with faith. I have never met anyone like him. He understands doctrine almost EXACTLY the same as we view and see doctrine and the teachings of christ. It's amazing. Incredible. I've never met a none member that has such a sound understanding of christs teachings.. and he truly tries to live them. There are just a few holes in his testimony and beliefs though because he doesn't have the book of mormon. He read the entire pamphlet that we left him though.. and had many questions. It was my favorite first lesson that I have had up until this point on my mission. Hermana Olvera and I were completely guided by the spirit. The spirit is normally always present in our lessons.. but this lesson.. it was just on fire. And sometimes we have those special ones.. and when we do.. its amazing. We testified and taught of joseph smith and the book of mormon. We used a few versus from his bible and read a few from the book of mormon. and at the beginning of the lesson he was completely shut off to the idea, but by the end.. he said that he would read it. 
At the beginning we were using scriptures and facts, but toward the end of the lesson, the spirit reminded me that it didn't matter how many facts and scriptures I knew if he couldn't feel the spirit. Hermana Olvera and I just stopped for a minute, and then bore testimony. Just personal, simple testimony about the divinity of the book.. and how it has helped us personally. Although the scriptures and facts are good.. there is nothing like just bearing simple testimony that we know it is true because we have prayed and felt it from God. And that it has helped us.. as it promises us.. to know our Savior Jesus Christ and his teachings better.  It was a powerful lesson. I am SO excited to see what will happen with him. 

We are working SO hard to work by faith. President has set a goal for every companionship to have a baptism by christmas.. and that gives us about 3 and a half weeks.. and as of now.. we don't really have anyone progressing or heading that way.. so we are just working our hardest and with faith to find someone who can be prepared and ready for before christmas. We don't just want a baptism though.. we want a convert. Who will be strong.  Never in my mission have a said so many prayers.. both silently and audible with Hermana Olvera. I love it. We are seeing little miracles every day. Especially in finding new people.  I have said it before.. but I feel SO lucky to be in an area where missionaries have never been. It is so exciting to search and find people who I KNOW are waiting and ready for this message. 

haha.. something funny though.  We had a contact this week.. and we got into the house and we sat down. She was a young mom.. maybe in her 20s and we were talking.. and she was like "God is great. I always let everyone in" She was referring to missionaries in general. LOTS of missionaries from other religions have been here.. but never us. So she was explaining to us that she receives everyone and its just great to hear to word of god. And she was like "I let everyone come and share with me.. but the mormons. If mormons ever came to my door.. I wouldn't let them in". hahahha I almost fell out of my seat. It was so funny. We were dying inside. We president ourselves as missionaries from the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. so she didn't know. We shared a brief message with her about the restoration.. and she really seemed to be interested and like us. and then at the end.. hermana olvera.. bless her heart.. had the courage to tell her that we have the nickname as mormons. hahaha. The lady you could tell.. was clearly embarrassed. but took it well. We set a time to go back this week.. so we will see what happens. hahha so funny. People just have the worst reputation about us here.. so it's nice to be able to go about and show people that we really aren't that crazy and weird. haha. 

What else. 

presidential elections for all of argentina was yesterday.. so we went to church and ate lunch with some members.. but we weren't allowed to go out and work that night. So we journaled and watched 17 miracles on our little DVD player. It was a fun night. 

I am actually in another area right now. We travelled again and are doing divisions with other hermanas tomorrow. We are in a city named Obera. It is BEAUTIFUL. 

I studied Gratitude this week. I don't have anymore time.. but I hope you all have an amazing thanksgiving. and truly take time to think and reflect about all that we have. 

I am SO grateful to be a missionary. I am SO grateful to represent my Savior for this period of time. I am SO grateful to get to know people and teach them about the Savior and his healing grace. 

I am SO grateful for all of you. I love you all so much. 

I hope you all have an amazing week. 

xoxoox 
Hermana Ehlert

Consejo and saying goodbye to members in Hernandarias




No comments:

Post a Comment