Monday, May 4, 2015

xoxoxo from Paraguay!



Hello my family. goodness I love you all so much.

OKAY. This week. the days were long.. and the week was semi fast... haha. I'm learning to love being a missionary more and more every day. It's definitely still a struggle.. and super hard.. but I just wait for the up moments. 

So this week... TONS happened I couldn't write everything if I tried.. BUT.. a few things..

President travelled up here and we had interviews.. goodness they were awesome. my mission president rocks. I told him how I've been struggling.. and he gave me a good insight.. SO.. he said.. how we define and identify ourselves.. is by who we surround ourselves with. we are what and who we surround ourselves with... does that made sense? and I'm struggling because everything that I knew before this is gone.. and different.. and right now.  I'm just finding myself.. and rebuilding myself.. it sounds cheesy.. and I don't even know if it makes sense to you all.. but it made sense to me. it was great. he really is such a great man. he isn't afraid to tell me how it is.. and I love and appreciate that about him.

What more.. we don't have a church in La Paloma.. we have to travel about 10 minutes by car.. because the church here is getting fixed.. so once that is done.. HOPEFULLY we will be able to have more people interested and coming.. 

goodness..  I just want to baptize everyone. I want to set this place on fire. EVERYONE needs this gospel. Another thing I realized just personally this week... is truly how blessed I am. I was sitting in a house of a recent convert named Luis.. he is the greatest. and so funny.. and I also don't understand a word he says. he speaks solo portuguese.. so that's awesome... but anyways.. his house is 2 rooms.. with wood walls and a cement floor... and huge cracks inbetween the ceiling and roof.. and that i where he lives. he has a folding table and 3 folding chairs... and yeah.. just made me realize how blessed I am. even to know english.. to be able to hear and understand the words of our prophet and his apostles in my native tongue is such a blessing. wow. 

It rained a lot this week. super muddy everywhere. winter is defintely coming here.

The langauge is still rough.. basically.. I'm fluent in Spanglish.. and I'm also perfect and pretending I know what people are talking about. I am so good at picking up ques when to nod and smile or to say sorry... so basically that's awesome. 

Anyways.. this week is going to be a good one. I love the people here. Miracles are about to start happening here.. in this little town. I know it. a few things happened today at district meeting that just lit a fire under me.. I'm so ready for this week. I love you all so SO much. Thank you for your prayers. I feel them. they are real. 

xoxoxo from Paraguay!
Hermana Ehlert

this is me and hermana murphy when we were at a conference! 
this is my cute little pension


No comments:

Post a Comment