Tuesday, June 28, 2016

"Yo quiero ser soldado fiel, al lado del Señor"

heeyyyy familyyy :)

AH. this week was seriously SO fast. really really fast. 
highlights from the week:

-we visited a less active named Celeste.. and she told us that she is moving to Brasil to work, leaving her 4 kids who are 3, 9, 10 under the care of the oldest son who is 17 who lives with his girlfriend who is 16. she says that she has no other choice.. the economic situation is paraguay is really bad right now.. and it's really hard to find work. and that she will only be gone for a few months. I looked into the 3 year old boy's eyes.. and just wondered why I got to recieve such a good life.. and he got what he got. living in a wood shack with dirt floors and one bed. I left and immediately cried. As hermana cannon and I sat and talked about it.. and overwhelming sense of peace came to my heart.. that Heavenly Father knows the situation of those little kids.. and loves them.. just like he loves me. and everything will work out.. and work together for all of their good.

-we had our last zone conference with president this week.. and it was just so powerful. I loved it. the spirit was just so strong. we talked a lot about consecration to the Lord and His work. About being consecrated missionaries. we talked about how missionaries and apostles are the only people in the world.. that are literally giving their whole lives to God. Obviously.. their calling is for life.. and different and higher on many levels.. but the lesson worked. It was a cool way to think about it. We talked about how, as missionaries, we are called and set apart to live on a higher plane and level, and requires sacrifice. but with living a higher or greater law.. comes greater blessings. we were invited to think and pray and ponder about what things are holding us back from becoming consecrated.

president also talked quite a bit. but it was mostly just simply, humble testimony. he told stories of his own mission that he served when he was 21.. and also what he has learned over the past 3 years. I love him. and he will be greatly missed.. but we are excited and readily awaiting the arrival of president Svec! So exciting! 

-we had divisions this week with the other hermanas that share our branch. And I got to be with the NEW hermana from Colorado. She came to my area.. and it was just so fun.. to answer all her questions.. and just love her. it was a cool day with her. Hermana Katalin. :)

-something I learned this week personally... I was complaining this week to my companion.. and Well long story short.. it was all just very self centered complaining.. and as I studied personally.. I was thinking about christ.. and about his selfless service. he gave and gave and gave.. and recieved hardly anything back. I came across Mathew 20:28.. "even as the son of men came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many".. but I like it even more in spanish.. instead of using the word for minister.. it uses the word servir.. which is serve.. and instead of using the work ransom.. it uses the word rescate which means rescue.. so translating it directly it would say "even as the son of men came not to be served, but to serve, and to give his life for a rescue of many". isn't that cool?. If we lose our lives in the service of our God, we are promised to find it. 
President Eyring said: "When I find myself drawn away from my priesthood duties, and when my body begs for rest, I give to myself this rallying cry.. 'remember him!" 

I am here to serve HIM. to represent HIM. and to love and help HIM find HIS lost sheep. And it really has nothing to do with me.

I love you all. have the greatest week.

xoxo
Hermana Ehlert

Just the obviously really attractive, bright flash, short arm selfie with Hermana Katalin :) we only half froze that day. 

hermana lapierre and i. I LOVE THIS WOMAN.


driving home from church.

No comments:

Post a Comment