Tuesday, April 19, 2016

TRANSFERS

HI SWEET FAMILYYY :)

I can´t believe that another transfer has come and gone. It´s unreal for me. 
So my sweet hermana Martinez is off to Mexico!!! WOW. She is great.. and I am excited for her. 
Next.. for transfers.. I am staying in the same area MINGA. Which I was expecting and am totally happy about. Another shock.. my comp!! Her name is Hermana Cannon and she came with ME!! We were in the MTC together.. but in different districts. SHE IS AMAZING. So it´s actually so funny.. last transfer.. she wasn´t in my area.. but we shared the same branch. Our pensions are like one block from eachother.. so she is going to be just moving over to my pension.. and switching areas.. but she is still going to be in the same branch. Does that make sense?! I´m actually like super excited abou it. She is darling. In the pictures that I sent last week.. she was in one of them!! She is the asain looking one.. from Park City Utah.. and actually was on the BYU gymnastics team. Love her. It should be a great transfer!! YAY. I am so happy to be staying in my area as well.
SO THIS WEEK. Wow.. kind of a blur. It went by SO fast. BUT.. Saturday was just the greatest day. Lucy got baptized!! And everything went amazing. She got confirmed the next day.. and it was just beautiful! And so spiritual. She got out of the water and just gave me and hermana martinez the BIGGEST hug.. and she was soaking wet.. and then we were all soaking wet.. but it didn´t matter. she just couldn´t stop smiling. I love that her brother also got to baptize her... it just made me so happy to see their family and testimonies growing in the gospel. Then after she got confirmed.. I asked her how she felt.. and she said.. like no other sensation she had ever had.. like she was flying. I just loved this weekend. 

ALSO.. a member here that I just absolutely LOVE. Her name is Teresa. And she was baptized when she was 21.. waited a year and then went on a mission. When she got back she went inactive.. and has been inactive for more than 30 years. Her husband died 9 months ago.. and in december.. she saw the sister missionaries walk by her house.. and she called to them and she told them that she was a missionary too a long time ago!! Well.. anyways... she is amazing.. and is now active. It has been a little bit of a process with her.. but this week was the first week that she was able to take the sacrament.. and I was sitting next to her in sacrament.. and as she took the sacrament she had tears in her eyes. Me and her just sat there enveloped in the spirit.. and just so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ.. and his sacrifice. I love him. I am so grateful for him and his love enough for me.. to sacrifice himself. 

We also had another awesome experience this week.. we went to an area that we had never been to.. to track down a less active member that just moved. Well we were walking along the street.. and we just decided to ask this girl that was walking with a little girl. It looked like she was on the phone.. so I almost didn´t ask her.. but I just decided to anyways. Well we ended up talking.. and she invited us to sit down with her at the park while her neice played. We ended up having a great talk.. and she is AWESOME. She is actually an ex-nun.. I think you could call it? haha.. she was in like nun-training.. for 8 and half months. But she decided that it wasn´t for her. She told us that she didn´t feel it was right.. and ever since then she hasn´t gone back to the catholic church because she didn´t feel it was right. We had a great talk with her.. and invited her to church.. but she couldn´t come because she lives like really far. But I am totally excited to visit her again and to see what happens!! Her name is Rosana.
Anyways.. it was just a great week.. and just happy as can be. :)
I hope you all have the greattteessttt week!!! 
xoxoxoxo 
Hermana Ehlert

PS. 
Just want to say to Cassidy Ferrell.. that your wedding was STUNNING.. and you looked beautiful.. and I am seriously SO sad that I wasn´t there.

The zone when president is there.... :)

The zone when president isn´t there.... ;)

Lucy!!!! Isn´t she darling?!?! And her daughter.

Lucy and her brother who baptized her.. and her mom. They are converts of a few months. Aren´t they adorable?!

No comments:

Post a Comment