Saturday, October 31, 2015

October 26, 2015

hello lovelies :)

So I don't really have two truths and lie this week.. sorry. I am running out of ideas! 
haha. 

umm. This week. It was really REALLY hot. Like seriously.. sorry if its tmi.. but seriously never sweated so much in MY LIFE. woah. yeah. You basically don't stop sweating. It's just hot. And we haven't officially even started summer yet. We freeze big water bottles to take out with us.. but within at hour they are melted and the water in warm. and to top it off.. it's seriously like 100% humidity. like its killer. woah. 
so yeah. Weather. 

Um. It was kind of another slowler week number and lesson wise. Ugh.. We are trying SO hard and trying to be so obedient and faithful and not get discouraged and just keep going. Me, personally.. I have been studying lately and one of my personal goals is just working on giving everything little part of me that I have to these people, and to this work, and to the Lord. I want to give everything. i'm working on not getting distracted and just giving myself over to this work. It's exhausting, but honestly, but it makes the days go by faster when I'm not thinking about myself.. and honestly, at the end of the day, I'm happier too, because I can look back and honestly say to the Lord and myself that I gave everything and that is all that he requires. I'm no where near perfect at it yet.. Self mastery is a hard thing... but poco a poco. :)

Something crazy this week.. we were visiting a less active.. and he claims to not have gone through the veil when he came to earth.. and he knows everything from the end to the beginning. It was funny.. and very strange. 
Um.. to keep going with the theme of last week of jehova's witness.. 3 people asked this week if we were testigos..... dangit. We happily claimed no.. and were actually able to make a few good contacts though. so that was great :)

Another funny thing.. people always think that I look like movie stars from the states.. this week I got that I looked like first... wait for it.... Hannah Montana.... and then the lady who told me that was with her sister.. and he sister disagreed and told me that I looked like..... wait for it.... Lindsey Lohan. So that was funny too. we laughed and laughed about it. 

Hermana Lopez and I laughed a lot more this week. Hermana Lopez is missing her family a lot so I am trying extra hard to be happy for her. It's hard when you miss your family.. and if your companion isn't happy, it's even more miserable. Even though it was a hard week, it was a happy one too. 

One way that I am focusing on giving more of myself to this week is charity. Wow.. I have been studying charity this week.. and it has just been the best thing. Truly we have all knowledge and faith to move mountains.. but if we do not have charity.. the scriptures tell us that we are nothing. It really hit me this week.. and as I talked to people this week.. I constantly was trying to focus on loving them like christ would and say the things that he would say and do the things that he would do. 

We are in the last week of this transfer. crazy right? Time is flying for me. I'm just about half way. woah. 
Saturday we planned an activity. As of now on my mission I have planned a total of 2 activities.. and both of them were in La Paloma.. and both of them were utter failures.. but this week we planned an activity and invited the entire world.. and it actually turned out GREAT. It was SO fun. We had a lot of members and less actives. Like LOTS of less actives. It was great. We only had 1 investigator come.. but it turned out to be a great Saturday night. Everyone loved it and it just felt so good. The spirit works in great ways. 
and then Sunday.. we had the highest asistence that we have had since we have been here!! So that was a great improvement too!

So isaias. He was very busy this week with work and school.. so we were only able to meet with him once.. but when we got to his house he was so happy to tell us about what he learned from nephi and what he was reading. My heart was bursting with happiness. It was awesome. He didn't come to church though. so this week we will be focusing on that and trying to help his realize that to recieve an answer he needs to come to church.. and that even though it's hard.. Heavenly Father will bless him for his faith and sacrifice. 

I want to leave you with that this week. 

I love the quote from "Praise to the Man" that says.. "sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven". I can't remember how the rest of the song goes in English to save my life.. but that line has kept me going through my mission. And it is OH so true. 

Sorry this was the most random and scattery email ever! I'll try to do better next week! 

I love you all! Have the greatest week! 

LOVES! 
Hermana Ehlert

Also.. this is a family home evening we did. It was super fun!! 
I LOVE THESE PEOPLE. 

that is typical for lunch. Rice with beans and fried meat. hahha 
thought it would be fun to show you all. 
so we carved a watermelon for halloween. Hermana Lopez has never done anything like it.. haha it was super funny. 

Our pumpkins name is wilson. Hermana Lopez named him. hahha




No comments:

Post a Comment