Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 3, 2015

Hey there familia :)
Two truths and a lie:
1. I would now consider myself fluent.. 
2. Liz is getting baptized this week!
3. It's the last week of transfers.. already?
OKAY! 1.. is true! kind of. I'm totally fluent.. in Spanglish. shoot. But for real. Hermana Finlinson and I just talk in Spanglish all day long. It's great fun. so yeah.. still working on being totally fluent in Spanish. darn. 

2. LIZ! TRUTH. SHE IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS WEEK! Last week we had some obstacles to overcome with her and the date, and her fears. We were praying to know what we should do, and how to help her feel the spirit. We felt like she truly was ready for 8 of August, and we waiting too much time just gives time for Satan to come in and do his work. So we decided we should have a lesson with her in the chapel! We set it up, and invited her sister to come to (who was baptized a little over a year ago), and opened the baptismal font, and had a lesson with her in the church! We taught her about the 10 commandments, and why we have them. She was very religious before, so she has a very good understanding of how religion works, and she loves the bible. she just get's it. I love watching the spirit work on her, and seeing her knowledge and faith that she already has increase. The spirit was there, and at the end of the lesson, we expressed how we felt that it would be best for her to be baptized the 8th of August. We both bore strong testimony to her, and told her we knew she was ready, and we felt that the Lord knew she was ready as well. And then we just went quiet, and let her think. It was nerve racking! I was just praying my heart out! And then she looked up, and said, "okay. I'll be baptized the 8th of August.". You guys.. I wanted to do a backflip. Holy moly. It was the greatest feeling. That night as I was praying I just felt so humbled to be apart of this process of her conversion and her starting to come to know the gospel. Out of all the missionaries and people, I get the opportunity to be here and help her come to know her Savior Jesus Christ and His gospel. So this week we were with her a little bit every day, teaching her and getting her ready. Like I said before.. she is so ready, and understands everything we teach. To watch the process in this girl has been incredible. And we honestly did nothing but invite, and love, and teach. I love her so much you guys. Seriously. SO. Her baptism will be this Saturday! And then she will get confirmed in Sacrament meeting the following sunday. I can not wait! I'm praying things will go well! 

3. Truth. It is week 6 of this transfer! So crazy! Time is flying. I'm getting very anxious for the changes coming up! Part of me desperately wants to stay in La Paloma.. but another part is ready to leave and for something new! I guess time will only tell.. but I'm getting nervous! It's just nerve racking to not know where I will be next week!
Hmm.. what else this week. We are still trying to work with Dani and Tanya, but there is only so much that we can do. We are there to invite, and help bring the spirit, and then it is up to them. 
That is something that I've been struggling with on the mission. People's agency is killing me lately.. but so crucial and important in the eternal scheme of things. I'm learning to be okay with that. Slowly. 

Last week was a tough one, and as I started this week I was determinded that it would be a good one. 
I set to goal to just always think and remember my Savior in all times and places. Afterall.. we covenant to do that every week when we partake of the sacrament. And in return, we have the promise to always have His spirit to be with us.. and from the scriptures and personal experience.. it way harder to be discouraged and sad when you have the spirit with you. So my goal this week was just to always try and remember Him. Remember the grand scheme of things, and continue pressing on. I am working on my conversion like I've talked about earlier... and being a better disciple of Christ. I've promised Him to be a disciple of him.. and as I was studying this week.. and I was reading a talk by Elder Holland.. a quote that I love from him says "It is a straight path, and it is a narrow path without a great deal of latitude at some points, but it can be thrillingly and successfully travelled with steadfastness in Christ, a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. In courageously pursuing such a course, you will forge unshakable faith, you will find safety against ill winds that blow, even shafts in the whirlwind, and you will feel the rocklike strength of our Redeemer, upon whom if you build your unflagging discipleship, you CANNOT fail."Just thought I would share that. I love it. 

Hmm.. sorry this is a novel. I'm in Cuided Del Este right now doing divisions with Hermana Araneda. Hna Finlinson went to Posadas because she is an Hermana Lider. It's always fun to be out of your area, but I'm anxious to get back to my people! 

Other fun things.. there was a slug in our bathroom this week that was as long as my hand.. and big around as my thumb. that was fun.
I love you all!! 
until next week! 
XOXOXO MUCHISIMO! 
Hermana Ehlert

No comments:

Post a Comment