Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week 1 of training and white washing. whoa!

Two truths and a lie:

1. My comp is from Chile 
2. White washing is hard 
3. we have only gotten lost 1 time so far!

1. FALSE. My compion is from Buenos Aires West! Right where benson is going. He is going to be able to visit her family!!! She said they always have the missionaries over for lunch. Ah.. I'm so excited for him! 
So my companion. The best word to describe her is delightful. That's truly what she is. I love her so much. She is simply a delight! She is so fun and positive, and so willing and ready to work. Such a prepared missionary, and I'm so lucky to have her as a companion. She is my height.. and just darling. I love her a lot. Oh.. Hermana Lopez is her name! I will try and send a picture next week! I feel like sometimes she is training me!

2. TRUE. Without a doubt. super hard. I felt like I was thrown back into the beginning of my mission again. I felt lonely again. Everything was new. EVERYTHING. I didn't know what was going on.. and I didn't know what we should do. I was just praying for help and guidance. We called a few members who were in the phone.. and one was able to come and show us around a little bit. It's very very different than La Paloma. Hernandarias.. our area is GINORMOUS. Huge. I think it's the third biggest area in the mission. So that's fun.

3. TRUE. We have only gotten lost one time. Por suerte. But yea.. so that's good! There has never been Hermana's in the area that we are in now. We are the very first! It's actually really cool to see how all the members are reacting to hermana's. There is a certain excitement about it.. and we are going to try and take advantage as much as possible. We are trying to visit members and get references and find less actives. there is a MILLION less actives. Get this.. the branch presiden'ts wife is less active. sad... so yeah. lots of work to do. we are planning and praying and working hard for miracles. Trying to be exactly obedient.
umm.. what else. when we arrived.. our district leaders brought us to our pension. IT WAS A DISASTER. Holy smokes. So dirty. old stuff from elders everywhere. It was so gross. the fridge was nasty. yeah. I felt bad for Hna Lopez. We have been slowly chipping away at the big task though. A little every night.

Umm.. La Paloma was really hard to say bye. I miss it!! I miss Liz! Her and her sister waited with us for the bus to come get us. They are darling. I miss her. It was sad to think that I will never see them again probably. But I'm SO grateful for modern technology. I love her so much.

Anyways.. lots of work to do here! We are working and praying for miracles every day! 

I love you all!

xoxoxoxo
Hermana Ehlert

No comments:

Post a Comment