Wednesday, December 16, 2015

December 14, 2015

SO HEY :) 

Transfers are here!

Hermana Olvera is officially gone. Can't believe it! 
She is going to byu and living in Liberty Square.. so all you people there.. look for her because SHE IS AWESOME. I love her. I am so lucky to have had this transfer with her. 

So.. my new companion is Hermana Murphy. SHE IS MY FAVORITE. We have been friends in the mission for a while now. Actually since the first day I got to the mission I met her. SHE IS THE BEST. I can not wait. She is so fun and just great. She is ending her mission this transfer as well.. so that should be interesting. It means that I'll be staying in my area for quite a while I think. But I'm excited about it. I love my area.. and the people and just everything there.. so yeah. 

I am so grateful for the transfer that I had. I can't believe we are almost as CHRISTMAS. Isn't that crazy?! To be honest.. here.. it doesn't really feel like it. It's just really hot.. and it's not as big of a deal to people here. But yeah. It should be great. 

This month I have been studying about christ. and just learning more about him. It's changed my view on things and how I work. I think everyone in their mission hits a point.. where something just "clicks" and they are changed. I don't know. Where they are just able to connect the dots, and just kind of change. I think that happened for me this transfer. Not a specific moment or day.. but things just clicked for me this transfer. I have a different perspective.. and a different view on things. The work is more apart of me.. of who I am.. and what I am.. and not just something that I'm doing. Does that make sense? 

This week we had an amazing lesson with Claudio. It's been the same experience with him.. that I had with Liz a few months ago in La Paloma. The spirit is just teaching him. Not us. And it's an amazing and incredible process to watch something learn so much and just change before your eyes. He understands and just learns in incredible ways.. and is so excited for this change in his life. He accepted a date of January 2 to be baptized and is excited.  I am so excited for him. 

I am SO lucky to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to help and find and search out people like Claudio. Who are just waiting and ready. 

I love this work. And I love my Savior.. and I am so grateful that I have been called to represent him personally in this part of his vineyard. 

Anyways.. sorry it's a shorter email this week.. I don't have much time. 

I love you all though. Thank you for your prayers and support and emails. 

And remember.. 2000 years ago a Savior was born.. and here we are still thinking about him and celebrating his birth. Remember him this week. He has changed the world. 

love love love 
Hermana Ehlert 

No comments:

Post a Comment